Monday, February 16, 2009

Growing up

Things here are good. Emily is growing and hanging in there. We, as a family are starting to accept the fact that this is our life...filled with the unknown of chronic illness...which will in turn never change. So with that large acceptance we are starting to figure out how to cope and how to heal. Ryan and I are truly traumatized with all that Emily has had to go through and all that she is going to have to endure. We only pray that she will rise above it all.

In Emily's world she is growing up so fast. She started riding the crib rails last week calling it her "horsey". She also showed up at our bed a couple of mornings. I was impossible to get some sleep for the fear that she was going to fall out the crib and hurt her self. So on Saturday Emily got her big Valentines Day gift...a new big girl bed. It was very emotional for Mommy because she took down her nursery and made her now childproof Toddler room. I put away all of her baby blankets, sheets, and clothes...I mean all of her clothes. I still had her newborn clothes out! In the end her room is cute. We stayed with the butterfly theme and got a comforter from Target that matches perfectly. Emily is very happy with her new room.

Ryan is good. He is busy working on being a full time Dad and a partime Mom. Because of all of the overtime that I am mandated to work. (That is a whole nother topic.) He is a great dad to Emily...she just loves him. It is getting time to start the seeds for the veggie garden, so I am sure that will keep him busy.

On my end...well...I am working on making some modifications to work. I am working way too much over time and it is taking a huge toll on our family. So I am working on changing it. Other than that I am just trying to keep up with Emily and enjoy every moment that I have with her.

That is about it for now. We will post with more updates. Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting and sad that Emily is in her big girl girl!! TIme flies so enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete