Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Getting ready for Spring!

I am thinking about what to blog today and nothing is really jumping at me. Emily is home sick with a cold and a fever that I am praying does not turn into a UTI, but we will leave it at that for now and hope that it turns around.

Emily other than having a cold since October, is doing good. We got told by her teachers at the daycare that she is excelling in her class and needs to be challenged more at home. So we got her some flashcards and found out that she knows all of her colors, shapes (even the ones that she can not even say...like octagon and oval) and she knows how to count to five, the letter C &E (for cookie and Emily) and she knows her opposites like up, down, in and out! So we have decided to work on the alphabet and start some early reading skills with phonics and she is only 2! We are going to have to relay on Aunt Becky to come up with some teaching plans for her, as Emily LOVES to learn.

Ryan is doing well. No real complaints. The winter is getting long and I am sure that he is waiting for the day to be able to go outside and work in the yard. We have so much to do outside this year from the wind pretty much ripping up the house this fall and winter.

As for me...well I had a job interview last week with a doctor in a private practice and he offered me a position. I am waiting for the details to be down on paper to officially accept but it should be a great move for Emily. It is M-F, no weekends, holidays, and straight 8- 4:30. The best part of the whole thing is it would be free health insurance for our hole family and a potential raise in my salary! I think that having a straight schedule where I am home to tuck her in at night will help with her stress.

Other news is that I had my appointment with the urology team last week and they gave me clearance to donate my kidney for Emily if we are a tissue match! The doctor was great and said to give him the word when we are getting close and he will start the urology work up that I will need asap to not delay things. I feel so great to know that even though my genes gave her the disease I may be able to give her my kidney and save her life. So I am starting a nutrition program and my running program up again to try and get some weight off again to help keep "Emmy's" new kidney happy.

The only other big thing is that Ryan and I got into the infertility clinic at Strong for next week. So we are going to get some big guns help on having a second child since we have been trying for almost a year and a half and no success on Clomid. Hopefully we will have success and it will all be over before Emily needs that transplant.

Until then we are hanging out and enjoying just being a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment